High-Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies contain six slimming ingredients – including cottage cheese, whey protein powder, oats, and whole wheat flour – that fight cravings and burn fat. They’re worth every bite!
Ready in 45 minutes • Makes 38 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ( for Gluten free/Paleo option – swap it out with almond blanched flour or coconut flour)
- 2 cups whey protein powder (Use any of your protein powder – I use “PlantFusion”)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat, small-curd cottage cheese (or use dairy free yogurt)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil (Swap for Coconut Oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients and whisk together with a fork or an electric mixer.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly with a fork. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto an oiled or parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake 12 minutes until the cookies are slightly brown on top.
Nutrients per serving (2 cookies): Calories: 99, Total Fats: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 72 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 0 mg (Nutrients per serving will vary)
Original post – See more at: http://www.oxygenmag.com/article/high-protein-chocolate-chip-cookies-8909#sthash.xM8tw4Ix.dpuf